We are Hiring!
OUR NEW IBT PROGRAM IS HERE.
Intensive Behavioural Treatment Program
Welcome to the world where you can make A DIFFERENCE FOR REAL!
We are developing a cutting-edge Intensive Behavioural Treatment (IBT)
Program that will use all the tools in the toolbox to improve the quality of life for people we support with complex developmental disabilities, so they can be contributing community members.
We are hiring Intensive Behavioural Specialists for this program, click link above for more details or email HRDepartment@cldufferin.ca
We need people like you!
Are you looking for a career opportunity where you can make a difference? If so, our growing team at Community Living Dufferin has career opportunities where you can do just that!
We are hiring Direct Support Professionals to support people who have an intellectual disability to achieve their fullest potential!
As a DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL you will work as part of a team to provide support to people in all aspects of daily living.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Attending to people’s medical needs, specialist appointments and health related supports (diet/nutrition, exercise) and ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Helping a person with planning to achieve their goals and pursue interests.
- Encouraging and helping people to actively participate in their home and community, and connecting with family and friends.
- Supporting people through the choices they make and educating them on their rights and the responsibilities that accompany those choices.
- Supporting people to communicate in different ways so they can express themselves effectively (giving people a voice).
- Supporting people with their personal care routines and other daily responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate has a high school diploma and at least 2 courses in the human services field. First Aid/CPR and Safe Management certificates are an asset.
- Prior experience working with people that have an intellectual disability is an asset.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written).
- Must have a clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Must be able to provide satisfactory medical examination.
- Must have at minimum, two COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to the employer’s duty to accommodate under applicable Human Rights legislation.
Why work at Community Living Dufferin?
Our staff take pride in the work they do making a difference in the lives of the people they support and within their community. Working at Community Living Dufferin, you will be amongst a great team of people who are dedicated to recognizing the potential in others and helping to create an inclusive environment where all are welcomed and appreciated. Our staff also enjoy a workplace that fosters opportunities for skill development through educational opportunities.
- Advancement opportunities
- Skill development through educational opportunities
- Full time and Part time positions
- Opportunity to be meaningful and impactful in your work
- Competitive salary
- Matched pension contributions and group benefits or pay in lieu of benefits (dependent on position)
Salary starts at $22.78 per hour.
Interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Team at HRDepartment@cldufferin.ca
We appreciate your interest in our organization, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Community Living Dufferin is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting (519) 941-8971 ext. 152 and Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process, is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
“There is something about the work I do with CLD that makes me more, and a better human. I get back so much more than I give.” Michael Bonikowsky, Direct Support Professional
Supporting people with intellectual disabilities can include providing direct support as well as serving in administrative and management positions.
Careers at CLD
We are always hiring for relief positions, please forward your resume to HR coordinator Anshu Pabla to HRDepartment@cldufferin.ca
Direct Support Professional
Are you looking for a career opportunity where you can make a difference? If so, our growing team at Community Living Dufferin has career opportunities where you can do just that! We are hiring Direct Support Professionals to support people who have an intellectual...