This exciting opportunity involves working within our Employment department, as part of the employment team to assist with the start-up and operations of our food services and other business activities. The position will involve planning, organizing and supporting people to ensure successful operations of our cafeteria services. This position fulfills its duties in an environment of accountability, rights and respect that is consistent with Community Living Dufferin’s Mission, Vision, Values and the strategic plan and FOCUS standards as well as relevant regulations/legislation.
- Work with the Employment team to support people with intellectual disabilities to learn culinary skills, customer service skills and role modeling, managing guest problems with empathy and sensitivity and safe food handling techniques.
- Develop effective customer relations.
- Assist in applying strategic marketing principles and techniques in the development of a sound organizational marketing plan for the social enterprise models.
- Responsible for developing business relationships with other businesses to help develop fundraising, marketing and strategic business plans.
- Assist in applying management theory and operating practices including the fundamental principles underlying management planning, organizing, directing and controlling in a service-driven industry.
- Working side by side with employees to support their learning at the work sites.
- Assisting in the daily running of the social enterprise set ups. Supports people in assessing risk and developing a plan to help keep them safe, being aware of personal safety issues in the workplace (e.g.: first aid, community/street safety, prevention of exploitation or demeaning treatment and education around the required health and safety training, safe working conditions, WHIMS and Occupational Health and Safety Act (O.H.S.A)).
- Understands, develops and maintains up-to date business and community knowledge and trends to identify various employment opportunities.
- Diploma in Marketing, Business Administration or an equivalent degree /diploma in related filed.
- Demonstrated experience in business development, acquisition, or analysis role.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office, email, internet browsers, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be mature, self-motivated, reliable, flexible and demonstrate sound judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide a criminal record check with vulnerable sector search that is satisfactory to the agency.
- Experience working with people who have a developmental disability an asset.
- Must be youth between the age of 18 and 30 to meet the eligibility requirement for Canada Summer Jobs.
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter by May 18, 2019 via email to Tammy Takacs, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com OR
Drop-in to our head office at 065371 County Road #3, East Garafraxa, ON. L9W 7J8 or Fax: (519) 941-9121.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Community Living Dufferin is committed to offering inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to the selection process, please advise Human Resources of accommodation needs to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.