As a member of Community Living Dufferin you help people to achieve their fullest potential, advocate for an inclusive community where all people are accepted, appreciated, and treated equitably.
You will receive updates and newsletters and network alongside like minded people to bring positive change to our community.
First created in 1954, CLD has a long history. Today with over 13 locations, we are an integral and active community member. With over 200 paid and voluntary staff, and under the direction of a volunteer board, CLD assists some 150 adults in Dufferin County. We feel that our Association is stronger if we have members from the Dufferin Community who believe in becoming involved in making a positive difference in the social fabric of our community. We hope that you too hold these beliefs. With your help and membership, Community Living Dufferin can continue to work toward a more inclusive place to live.
As a member you can contribute to this agency in many ways and can also receive many benefits including:
• Receiving our newsletter, published six times a year.
• Notification of special meetings and the opportunity to provide input on concerns and issues regarding the agency
• Distribution of information regarding Ministry policy changes affecting clients or families
• Becoming better informed on programs available in Dufferin County for the disabled
• Networking with other families in our community who have similar insights and concerns
• Joining in promoting better care, rights and inclusion for individuals with intellectual disabilities