We are searching for a dynamic Executive Director to build upon the excellent work of the outgoing leader of Community Living Dufferin and take the organization to new levels of success.
We are looking for a strategic, visionary, collaborative leader with a passion to build this dynamic social services organization. A leader who has had demonstrated success in growing an organization through innovation and has translated strategy to actionable plans. A leader, who continuously seeks to achieve operational excellence in program and service delivery.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead Community Living Dufferin, and be responsible for the successful management and operation of the organization in accordance with its Vision, Mission, Values, the strategic plan and FOCUS standards. The ED develops, coordinates and directs the overall delivery of services operated by Community Living Dufferin in accordance with the strategic direction and policies established by the Board as well as relevant Government regulations and Ministry standards and guidelines.
Driving collaboration/partnerships across agency programs, the ED will ensure that key performance indicators are identified in each program area, making fiscally sound financial decisions, translating strategy into actionable plans, and generating new funding sources, maintaining the organization’s reputation and visibility among key stakeholders in the public, private and philanthropic sectors throughout Dufferin County.
As the primary leader, strategist, and external champion, the Executive Director of Community Living Dufferin will be responsible for the Agency’s organizational success and the fulfillment of its vision and potential. S/he will work closely with the Board of Directors to develop a comprehensive strategic plan, associated policies, programs, goals and objectives. With the mandate to implement the operational and HR management plans, the ED will ensure the resources, assets, and organizational structure are in place to support and measure the operational performance and quality metrics. S/he will develop and administer the funds of CLD, and work with the Board to secure adequate funding, and/or identify opportunities for innovative, alternative sources of funding. Driving customized communication strategies to ensure continuous dialogue with the appropriate groups, community organizations, and government bodies, the ED will develop positive relationships with external stakeholders, including sector/corporate partners and donors; as well as liaise with MCSS officials to influence, educate and lobby appropriate government officials/decision makers in pursuit of CLD’s objectives.
As the organization’s ambassador, the ED will strive to strengthen the CL Dufferin brand, building its reputation and excellence in the developmental services field, so as to position it as an innovative, leading edge, and the “go to” organization serving people with developmental disabilities and their families.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- A graduate degree with post graduate degree in management, finance and/or another related field and/or equivalent work-related experience.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of progressive management/executive leadership experience; preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in a Not-for-Profit sector organization and/or experience in the Developmental Disabilities Services sector and in working with the Ministry and their associated funding models.
- Experience in board governance and/or reporting to a Board of Directors and in the strategic planning process.
- Experience with financial management, grant writing and grant management.
- Sound understanding of risk management.
Skills and Competencies
- Strategic Business Leader: Key contributor to the strategic planning for CLD. Influences strategic direction, foreseeing both short and long-term opportunities and challenges for the agency.
- Building & Leveraging Collaborative Networks: Proactively creates strategic alliances with key stakeholders to better meet emerging and future client needs and enhance the agency and/or sectors long-term strategy.
- Financial Acumen: Understands and deals with business and fiscal issues leading to an efficient and effective financial outcome.
- Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making: Identifies and solves complex issues creatively to overcome internal challenges.
- Developing Others: Champions a supportive learning environment that facilitates employee growth and development. Implements structures, succession planning mechanisms, and processes that promote employee development in line with the organization’s goals.
- Integrity: Applies a strong personal moral compass to high level strategic decision making and actions
- Leading Change: Fosters acceptance and commitment to change in others, ensuring ongoing communication strategies are in place to facilitate understanding and commitment to change.
- Organizational Awareness/Political Acuity: Recognizes underlying problems, opportunities, or external forces affecting the Ministry, e.g. current political trends, demographic changes, trade union policies, national or historical issues.
- Planning & Implementation: Develops and implements efficient work plans, being prepared for unanticipated roadblocks.
- Client/Customer Focus: Anticipates and responds to the needs of clients and their families to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters. Acts as an advocate for clients by being responsive and informed of their needs; lobbying the issues of most importance.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a letter of interest marked CV-CLD-OX0122019 with your salary history/expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline by which we must receive your application is 11:59 p.m. EST, November 30, 2017. Please note that we will only accept applications sent to us electronically at the e-mail address set out above.
Community Living Dufferin and OXeNHaM Consultants Inc. sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be selected for interview.
*About OXeNHaM Consultants Inc.
OXeNHaM Consultants Inc. is a global executive search/recruitment and talent management firm head-officed in Toronto. We work with companies and candidates across diverse industries in local and global markets in private, public and not-for-profit sectors to provide one-of-a-kind talent solutions under our integrated Total Talent Stewardship™ program, comprising: Talent Acquisition, Talent Retention, Talent Analytics and Employer Branding. Our track record over the last 18 years has been to help companies build sustainable results leveraging their most valuable asset – their people.